One of the elements that must not be overlooked when it comes to decorating our kitchen is deciding how to dress the windows. For this, a variety of solutions exist, and the choice of one or the other will have a major bearing on the result obtained.
Before plumping for one option, it is important to take into account the size as well as the number of windows in your kitchen, as these factors will determine the quantity of light in the room. In doing so, you can then decide if you wish to take full advantage of the natural light, or alternatively, whether to dial down the brightness of the room.
Dressing your windows is no easy task. Want to know how to do it? At DOCA, we are experts in the manufacture and design of kitchens and have some ideas about how to choose the best option for your kitchen and successfully create a unique and highly personal atmosphere.
1. The most traditional option for dressing your kitchen windows, not to mention the most commonly used when it comes to rustic or classic furniture, is putting up curtains.
Using fabrics made of natural fibres such as cotton, linen and burlap will lend a fresh and natural look to your kitchen.
If your intention is to maximize natural light, the best choice would be to put up light and airy sheer curtains made of yarn, organza, silk and voile, for example. On the other hand, using thicker and heavier fabrics will tone down the light coming from outside.
2. If your kitchen has a more contemporary style, then blinds are a viable alternative. You can choose between different types: roller blinds, Roman blinds and fixed blinds. Extremely practical, they help filter the sunlight in a soft and uniform fashion.
3. In kitchens with straight and refined lines, with a minimalist style, or if you wish to create a modern and contemporary feel, you can use vinyls on your kitchen windows. This is an option which is becoming increasingly popular and has been setting a trend in recent years. Vinyls add personality and character to the room, as well as being a highly versatile solution since it is possible to stick them across the full length of the window or, alternatively, stick only a few strips up to the desired height, providing the level of intimacy required.
4. Another interesting option for decorating your windows is to install venetian blinds. Thanks to their slats, they help control the light from outside in a very precise way and create a special ambiance. One of the most important advantages of venetian blinds is that they create intimacy even though they are not completely closed.
5. If you wish to create a refined and minimalist effect in your kitchen, using Japanese panels is a highly attractive option. One of the advantages of this decorative solution is its practicality and easy installation.
Decided yet? Which solution do you like most? … We’re sure you’ll find the ideal decorative complement for your kitchen windows.